I’ve been seeing this book tag around lately and wanted to take part in it too!
1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
When I’m at college, I have a comfy chair in my dorm room (one of the perks of being a CA) and I like to sit there. When I’m at home, I like to sit on the couch in our living room because the TV is there and I like to have background noise when I read.
2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?
Random piece of paper! I’ve stopped buying bookmarks because I usually lose them or leave them in a book after I’ve finished it and always end up forgetting about it.
3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter/ a certain amount of pages?
I prefer stopping at the end of a chapter but if I have to stop reading wherever I’ll do it.
4. Do you eat or drink while reading?
Usually I have water or something when I read, but I try not to eat while I read because I don’t want to mess up the pages.
5. Multitasking: Music or TV while reading?
TV sometimes, but quietly as just a background noise. Sometimes I listen to music, but if I find it too distracting, I turn it off. I just don’t necessarily like reading in absolute silence but I don’t want lots of noise either.
6. One book at a time or several at once?
Several at once, but usually that means one YA/fun/not class-related book, a book or two for class (right now I have a memoir class so I’ve been reading a lot of memoirs), and usually some graphic novels tossed in there.
7. Reading at home or everywhere?
Everywhere, all the time, constantly.
8. Reading out loud or silently in your head?
Silently in my head but sometimes if I’m in my room reading by myself I’ll say pieces of dialogue out loud because I like to hear how it sounds.
9. Do you read ahead or even skip pages?
No!! I don’t want to ruin it.
10. Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?
Keeping it new.
11. Do you write in your books?
Depends on if I’m using them for class/research or not, but usually no. Sometimes, with really old copies of books that I love, I’ll highlight good quotes from them.
12. When do you find yourself reading? Morning, afternoon, evening, whenever you get the chance or all the time?
Whenever I get the chance. I read a lot mid-morning when I’m at work if they have nothing for me to do or I have no homework. I read during breaks, in between my classes. I usually read in the evening as well after dinner if I don’t have activities/events/anything else I need to do.
13. What is your best setting to read in?
Anywhere that has a comfy seat and minimal noise (only just a little noise for background music). I like to sit around people to read if they’re also reading and or being quiet.
14. What do you do first – Read or Watch?
15. What form do you prefer? Audiobook, E-book or physical book?
Physical book! I like to carry them around with me, but I’m not opposed to E-book or Audiobook. They’ve just never really been what I’ve used to read.
16. Do you have a unique habit when you read?
I don’t think so?
17. Do book series have to match?
Yes, I can’t stand if they’re all different.
Thanks for reading! Look out for my next post.